Hello and welcome to my world of fun, relaxation and CREATIVITY!
I am a designer, tutor and all round fluff-fanatic!
Hi! I started needle felting ten years ago and (very nervously at first!) went on to run workshops at my lovely friend Debs’ sewing shop in the Lincolnshire Wolds' market town of Horncastle. Despite my self doubts and resulting nerves I immediately loved teaching and sharing this amazing craft and to this day the best thing in the world is watching people discover the magic of the craft and how therapeutic it is.
From there I have strived to grow Claire’s Crafts Create into a one stop online shop that aims to cater for the needle felting needs of both beginners and experienced felters. If there’s something you are looking for that isn’t on my website please ask and I will do my best to source it for you. Since the pandemic I've also introduced online needle felting workshops which some people are loving as a replacement to the physical workshops they are used to attending and others are preferring as they enable you to work completely at your own pace from the comfort of your own home.
I only sell materials and tools that have been tried and tested in my workshops or have been recommended/requested from my lovely customers
In 2020 my husband, Steve, joined the business. Steve is in charge of weighing and sorting alongside processing the orders and getting them out the same day if we possibly can.
- *DHG of Tuscany’s vast array of colours of carded needle felting wools. I was first introduced to this fabulous felting wool when I attended one of Sophie Wheatley's amazing weekend workshops a couple of years ago. We now are their UK supplier and stock the full range of ‘Maori’ carded wools, Maori/Bergschaf Melange and their amazing carded extra fine merino
- *Recommended UK DHG wool supplier to artist Sophie Wheatley's All Things Felt & Beautiful ‘My Best Ever Dog Portrait’
- *Yorkshire based World of Wool’s carded slivers – over 40 colours including their fabulous Woodland animals range
- *Woolbuddy sustainable woolen felting mats
- *Our own range of ‘Painting With Wool’ picture kits
- *A vast array of pure wool felt sheets from lovely smooth 1.2mm thickness to fabulously chunky 5mm thick handmade woolfelt.
- *Online Workshops from myself and world renowned needle felting artists including The Lady Moth and Anna Potapova
We only work with manufacturers that process certified responsibly reared products (wool from non-muleised sheep). Steve and I are passionate about our environment and we only use recycled/recyclable materials in our packaging - you will not find needles in plastic tubes here! Please see our Environmental Policy for full details.
Whether you are new to needle felting or have lots of experience please do not hesitate to contact me if there is any way I can help you along the way.
Wishing you all lots of happy and creative felting!