Hello and welcome to a world of fun, relaxation and CREATIVITY!
Claire Vines, designer, tutor and all round fluff-fanatic!
Claire started needle felting as a hobby back in 2010 and went on to run workshops at her friend, Debs, sewing shop. From there the business grew into Claire’s Crafts; the one stop shop that aims to cater for all your needle felting needs. If there’s something you are looking for that isn’t on our website please ask and we will do our best to source it for you. We only sell materials and tools that have been tried and tested in our workshops or have been requested/recommended by our customers. Recently Claire’s husband, Steve, joined the business. Steve is in charge of weighing and sorting alongside processing the orders and getting them out the same day!
Here at Claire’s Crafts we LOVE introducing people to the fascinating art of needle felting and watching them discover the world of possibilities open up before their eyes and we are great believers in the therapeutic benefits of crafting. We don’t believe in ‘trade secrets’ here; our policy is to share as much information and encourage as many people as possible to try this amazingly mindful craft.
- DHG of Tuscany’s vast array of colours of carded needle felting wools - 79 subtle and harmonious colours in the Maori range alone, their fabulous carded extra fine merino and recently added their Bergshchaf/New Zealand collection
- Yorkshire based World of Wool’s carded slivers – over 40 colours including their fabulous woodland animals range
- XL Woolbuddy sustainable felting mats
- Our own range of ‘Painting With Wool’ picture packs
- A vast array of pure wool felt sheets from lovely smooth 1.2mm thickness to fabulously chunky 5mm thick handmade wool felt.
- Material packs to accompany easy to follow video tutorials from the amazingly talented The Lady Moth
- Claire’s Crafts is the recommended UK DHG wool supplier to artist Sophie Wheatley of All Things Felt & Beautiful for the online needle felt course “My Best Ever Dog Portrait!”
* Both companies processing certified responsibly reared products (wool from non-muleised
We are passionate about our environment and only use recycled/recyclable materials in our packaging including the brown tape we use to seal our packages with. Please see our Environmental Policy for full details.