Introducing our very own hessian and buckwheat ECO Mat! We have been working hard behind the scenes to produce the perfect affordable mat for 3d needle felting and after lots of research we are over the moon with the result and think that you will be too!
A hessian pillow containing organic buckwheat husks, a by-product from a UK farm, and a sprinkling of dried lavender (just enough to release those relaxing aromatherapy properties).
- Gentle on your joints
- Ergonomic to work with - lifts your work approx. 3.5" from the table so no more stooping and rounded shoulders
- Adds to the therapeutic benefits of needle felting with aromatherapy built in
- No nasty chemicals that can be released from foams and polystyrene
- 100% natural and biodegradable - just add to your compost heap when its reached the end of its life (which we hope will be a long productive one ;)
- Handmade in The Lincolnshire Wolds
- Includes a 'saver sheet' of hessian
- The regular size mat measures approximately 6"x6" (this is the usable area inside the stitched area)
- The large size mat measures approximately 10" x 8" (this is the usable area inside the stitched area)
- These mats are handmade in the UK and finished with hand stitching so the size may vary slightly
- We recommend you use the ECO Mat on both sides and regularly change the area you are resting your work on to extend its life. Also included is a hessian patch just in case your ECO Mat starts to wear thin in any area
We also stock extra ECO Mat Saver Sheets that you use inbetween the ECO Mat and your work, extending its life further and also catching loose fibres avoiding cross contamination of colours. TIP you can also use pieces of felt sheet or even a J-Cloth for this purpose
The wooden needle holder shown in picture is not included with the mat